I’m entering the blogging world by starting a 10 day juice diet or as I like to call a Whole Foods – Fruit and Vegetable Diet. About 6 weeks ago I watched the movie, Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead. I was really intrigued by what the people who tried it said about how they felt, and I loved the results of people who did the diet long term. Although I know it’s going to be really hard, I’ve decided to do it for the following reasons:
1. It seemed that the juicing helped skin conditions, and I have a minor case of Rosacea. I figured it was worth a try to see if juicing could help relieve some of the redness in my fact.
2. Weight loss – Who knows how much weight I’ll loose, and I’m nervous about gaining it back after the 10 days. However, you’re still eating around 1200-1400 calories a day so I feel like this isn’t quite as extreme as it may initially sound.
3. My 1 year anniversary is coming up in about 2 weeks, and we’ll be at the beach so I’d like to look as good as possible by then. This will be the kick-start to an on-going weight loss plan.
For the next 10 days, I’ll be loosely following this reboot plan. I’m not set on the exact recipes they give on the site, but I’ll be using them as a guide. I’ll most likely use some other recipes from online or from a that I have.
A couple things I should clarify up front:
1. I’m not juicing, but I’m blending. I purchased a Vitamix blender which allows you to still keep all the pulp and fiber from the fruits and veggies unlike juicing. Now to be clear, I’m not against juicers, it’s just not the option I wanted to take.
2. I won’t be eating anything other than fruits and vegetables for these 10 days. Although the “diet” doesn’t include any milk, nuts, animal protein, etc. I won’t be keeping myself so limited. If I feel like I need some protein, I’ll eat either a handful of nuts or add almond milk to the diet. However, I will refrain from any animal protein.
3. Although I’m calling this a juicing diet. I will most likely eat some whole fruits along the way. I figure there’s not much difference between blending a fruit and eating one. I’ll just make sure that any fruit I eat isn’t adding to the daily caloric intake.
Alright, stay tuned for a report on Day 1 which I’ll post tomorrow.